Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Valentines Day Garland Tutorial

It is crazy to me that soon enough it will be the middle of January, then February, and finally Valentines Day. Time just flies by sometimes. I have never been a big Valentines Day person, but since being married it has slowly grown on me a little bit. I do love being spoiled though, and  Valentines Day is all about being spoiled and spoiling LOL. I guess its about love too and love is a really good thing.  I have just really been obsessed with door decorations lately whether  its a wreath, garland, simple hanging, or what not. So, I decided to make a garland for Valentines Day this year. It is really simple, but I absolutely love it. I hope you guys do too.

Valentines Day Garland 

Here's What you'll need:
-felt (colors of your choice)
-an old book or sheet music
- a sharpie or pen
- scissors
-thread
-sewing machine

Step One: Either draw, print, or trace the shape of a heart, and cut out to trace.

Step Two: Using the sharpie or pen trace the heart onto the felt and pages from the old book.

Step Three: Cut out all of the hearts. Be sure to stay just inside the sharpie or pen line so it is not visible.

Step Four: Starting 1/3 down for the top of the heart sew across the heart with sewing
machine slowly adding one heart at a time(I did a pattern, but random or one solid color work too).

Step Five: Hang your garland, and enjoy the view!


6 comments:

  1. Very cute garland!! I just bought some at the dollar store but yours is much cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys. It was a ton of fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, thanks for following Carole's Chatter Blog Tips. You might like my main blog as well, Carole's Chatter. I have followed you right back. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, I didn't even know you changed your blog layout. I LOVE IT! You should blog more, because I love looking at your crafts :) See you guys later probably, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I really am going to get back into it!

      Delete