Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Little Getaway

Today, when I started to write this post I came to the sad realization that it has been about 6 months since I last blogged. I could try to list every excuse in the book from I have been crazy busy to there have been a lot of changes in our lives, but those don't change the fact that I didn't blog. I am going to try to rededicate myself to blog more regularly. Fingers crossed I can stay dedicated.

Now on to our getaway. For the past few years, Marshall and I have gone to Washington to visit family in-between semester, but this year with my new job I didn't feel comfortable leaving for that long. We were both in desperate need of some down time, even if it was just a few days. We also used Marshall's birthday being this week as a good excuse to spoil ourselves for a few days. We thought that Park City would hit the spot, and did it ever! Marshall and I had only both been to Park City once before, and they were very short trips, so it was like our first time there for both of us. We stayed in Marriott Mountainside Resort and it was awesome. We are lucky enough that Marshall has a really good friend who works for Marriott and he always hooks us up with great deals. We spent every afternoon and night by the pool or in one of the several hot tubs, roasted marshmallows over the fire pits, slept in every morning in one of the most comfortable beds ever, and enjoyed every second we spent at the resort. 




We also ate our body weight in food. Park City has so many amazing restaurants it made it really  hard to pick where to go. We had some incredible thin crust pizza at Maxwells and some amazing speciality dishes at Bistro. The dishes at Bistro might have been some of the best food my mouth has encountered. My mouth is starting to water as we speak. 



I absolutely love walking around downtown with cute little shops everywhere in any city, but Park City has to have one of the best! It was so fun to go into all the stores and get a feel for the city. This was probably one of my favorite things we did while in Park City. 




Neither Marshall or I are into snowboarding or anything to do with snow for that matter.  However, we did get our adventure on with the Alpine Coaster. Its a toboggan style car that carries you to the top of the mountain then sends you down with lots of twists and turns. It was awesome and a way to have fun in the snow without having to get in the snow. Just the way we like it. 



On the way home we stopped in Salt Lake to hit up some of our favorite stores and go to Temple Square. I had never been to Temple Square during Spring before and it was beautiful. There were flowers and blossoms everywhere. It was so pretty and distracting, we were not very good about taking pictures. It was a good way to end our trip before our drive home back to reality. 






No comments:

Post a Comment