Monday, December 17, 2012

Lemon Tarts

I am going to let you guys in on a little secret. Lemons are the key to my heart LOL. Okay so that might be a little bit dramatic, but I do love almost every food that has lemons in it or is lemon flavored. There is just something about the sweet and tartness flavors together that just gets me. Oh it is amazing! So when I came across this recipe(adapted from http://www.kellyneil.com) for Lemon Tarts I knew that I was going to have to try them. I think that they are absolutely delicious, and I hope you guys do too. Enjoy!

What you will need
graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, sweetened condensed milk, and egg yokes



Lemon Tarts
Ingredients
Crust:
1 1/4 cup graham cracker crust
5 tbs butter
2 tbs sugar
Filling:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup lemon juice
2 tbs lemon zest
4 egg yolks

Method
1. Crush graham crackers and mix with butter and sugar.
2. Put about 2 tsp of mixture into muffin tin cups and smash down.
3. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
4. While crust is cooling whisk all filling ingredients together until completely combined.
5. Fill cups about 3/4 way full with filling.
6. Cook tarts again at 350 for another 10 minutes.
7. Let cool completely(about 4 hours), and then enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment